- » Whistler
Whistler BC Canada
You have read the magazine and news articles, soaked in the ski and snowboard movies, and heard all about it from your friends and family. Now it is your turn to experience the incredible magic of Whistler. Get ready for the vacation of a lifetime!
What is Available in Whistler?
Whistler is a friendly ski town located in the Coast Mountains of British Columbia, Canada. The resort is home to almost 10,000 residents.
There are many things that make Whistler special but the biggest features is two unbelievable mountains - Whistler and Blackcomb. Side by side, the mountains offer over 8,000 acres of skiable terrain, rising a mile above the valley of Whistler.
Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains provide unforgettable skiing, snowboarding, and unlimited winter and summer activities. You can find something for everyone year round.
Where is Whistler?
Located in the Coastal Mountains of BC, Whistler is approximately 115 kilometres (72 miles) from Vancouver. There is little need for a car once in Whistler, so if you are flying into Vancouver, the best way to get here is by bus, limousine or charter plane.
If you do decide to drive, book a rental car, grab a map, and head for the mountains.
Why Choose Whistler?
The Resort's stats and rankings speak for themselves. Here are a few of Whistler's highlights:
- Greatest vertical/usable terrain for skiing/riding and other winter sports in North America
- Consistently ranked in the top 5 for North American resorts selected by industry magazines such as SKI, SKIING, Powder, TransWorld Snowboarding and more
- Best parks & pipes in North America
- Largest above tree line terrain and bowls in North America
- Long ski season with spring skiing and riding until mid-June
- Amazing BC après ski and nightlife
- World class shopping and dining
- Glacier skiing - the only resort in North America where you can ski or ride on a glacier, right in the heart of the British Columbia mountains
- Whistler is Gay welcoming
- And last but not least, we are also known for our friendly, Canadian hospitality!
Looking for another close to Vancouver getaway?
Located on The Sunshine Coast - The Bonniebrook Lodge and Chaster fine dining restaurant….featuring Canada Select 4.5 star rooms and 5 star fine dining only a 40 minute ferry ride away Vancouver.